What’s it like to be in medical school? Since 2010, the students at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine and host Dave Etler have chipped away at that question.
The Short Coat Podcast is about remembering that the social aspects of medicine and medical education, and the people who make our work interesting, are just as important as the science and the test scores. It can be a place for the party line, and a place for the counter-narrative. It’s about whatever you want it to be about. Whether you’re already in med school, or thinking about applying, we’re here to let you in on the secrets, the fun bits, the challenges, and the frustrations. Listen below!
Visit the Short Coat Podcast:
- Pancakes and Firehoses: How Med Students Decide Where to Focus
- How We’re Preparing for Residency Interviews
- How Climate Change will Change Medicine
- You Should NOT Go to Med School
- Actually Useful Premed Activies
- Why Having a Pet in Med School is a Good Idea
- Monkeypox: a National Health Emergency
- RACE IS EVERYWHERE IN MEDICINE–MEET A STUDENT TRYING TO CHANGE THAT
- Recess Rehash: The Question All Future Applicants should Ask: “What Will Help Me Grow?”
- Recess Rehash: Why Med Learners are Asked to “Reflect,” And What Does It Even Mean?