What’s it like to be in medical school? Since 2010, the students at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine and host Dave Etler have chipped away at that question.
The Short Coat Podcast is about remembering that the social aspects of medicine and medical education, and the people who make our work interesting, are just as important as the science and the test scores. It can be a place for the party line, and a place for the counter-narrative. It’s about whatever you want it to be about. Whether you’re already in med school, or thinking about applying, we’re here to let you in on the secrets, the fun bits, the challenges, and the frustrations. Listen below!
Visit the Short Coat Podcast:
- Flyover Country? Far From It!
- Liver Bits, Cold Glocks, and Cancer of the Cancer
- Recess Rehash: MD/MBA: Why Physicians Must Know More About Business
- BONUS: The challenges of Refugee Healthcare with Dr. Akihiro Seita
- “Preference Signaling” –the Future of Applications?
- does a DO Degree Ruin your Speciality plans?
- A COVID Puzzle in a Rural Iowa Community
- Putting on your #MedBikini
- When Doctors Do Harm ft. Danielle Ofri, MD
- Recess Rehash: Is Academic Medicine Right For You?