What’s it like to be in medical school? Since 2010, the students at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine and host Dave Etler have chipped away at that question.
The Short Coat Podcast is about remembering that the social aspects of medicine and medical education, and the people who make our work interesting, are just as important as the science and the test scores. It can be a place for the party line, and a place for the counter-narrative. It’s about whatever you want it to be about. Whether you’re already in med school, or thinking about applying, we’re here to let you in on the secrets, the fun bits, the challenges, and the frustrations. Listen below!
Visit the Short Coat Podcast:
- Is Your Affective Presence Killing Your Dream?
- Seizing The Moment: How COVID Could Change Healthcare, Ft. Shantanu Nundy, Md
- Did Match Day Implode?
- Complimentary Therapy
- How To Fix A Gap: Do It Yourself!
- The King of Intestinal Gas
- Good Advice: Wrong Answers Only
- In Med School We Trust. or not.
- What Jobs to Med Students Actually Do in their clerksh?
- DROWNING IN EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES