What’s it like to be in medical school? Since 2010, the students at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine and host Dave Etler have chipped away at that question.
The Short Coat Podcast is about remembering that the social aspects of medicine and medical education, and the people who make our work interesting, are just as important as the science and the test scores. It can be a place for the party line, and a place for the counter-narrative. It’s about whatever you want it to be about. Whether you’re already in med school, or thinking about applying, we’re here to let you in on the secrets, the fun bits, the challenges, and the frustrations. Listen below!
Visit the Short Coat Podcast:
- The Coming Physician Exodus: Why Doctors May Leave the Profession Soon
- Awesome, More application Hoops!
- WHAT Are They REALLY LOOKING FOR IN YOUR PERSONAL STATEMENT? Top Tips from our Expert
- Parenting in Med School, Part 3: What About the Partners?
- Life Hacks for Med Students
- HAVING BABIES IN MED SCHOOL, PT. 2: HOW DO SCHOOLS SUPPORT PARENTS?
- Urology is about more than penises and prostates, ft. Men’s Health Doc Amy Pearlman, MD
- When Life Is Getting In the Way of Med School: the Value of the Tactical Retreat.
- Hot Takes: Dr. Marty Makary dissects the US COVID Response, and he isn’t happy
- HAVING BABIES IN MEDICAL SCHOOL