What’s it like to be in medical school? Since 2010, the students at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine and host Dave Etler have chipped away at that question.
The Short Coat Podcast is about remembering that the social aspects of medicine and medical education, and the people who make our work interesting, are just as important as the science and the test scores. It can be a place for the party line, and a place for the counter-narrative. It’s about whatever you want it to be about. Whether you’re already in med school, or thinking about applying, we’re here to let you in on the secrets, the fun bits, the challenges, and the frustrations. Listen below!
Visit the Short Coat Podcast:
- Physician Assistant Week!
- The Obscure Document Residency Programs Use to Decide If You’re Worthy
- Married Applicants: What Do Schools Think?
- How to Find a Non-Trad Friendly School
- Music Soothes and Builds Teams
- Lone Stars and Lawsuits : Will Texas’ unique Solution to Abortion stand?
- Rushing to Med School means Missed Opportunities
- Overthinking: Keeping AdComms Up To Date
- Unsatisfied Just Learning Medicine, These Students Became Journalists, Too
- 5 Med School Application Mistakes Everyone Makes, and How to Crush Them Under Your Feet Like Worms