What’s it like to be in medical school? Since 2010, the students at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine and host Dave Etler have chipped away at that question.
The Short Coat Podcast is about remembering that the social aspects of medicine and medical education, and the people who make our work interesting, are just as important as the science and the test scores. It can be a place for the party line, and a place for the counter-narrative. It’s about whatever you want it to be about. Whether you’re already in med school, or thinking about applying, we’re here to let you in on the secrets, the fun bits, the challenges, and the frustrations. Listen below!
Visit the Short Coat Podcast:
- The Practicalities of Policy; Alex Trebot Returns
- Top-notch Residents, Emergency Room Violence
- Sleeper Specialties: Nuclear Medicine
- Piecing Together American Healthcare, ft. Dr. Ilana Yurkiewicz (Part 1)
- Selfie-Diagnosis, Fentanyl Anti-Doses
- Health Is An Outfit That Looks Different On Every Body
- TB Eradication, mRNA Vindication
- Med-Techbros, Shortage Woes, and Ig Nobel Probes
- Physician Assistants: From Clinic to O.R., Partners in Health
- The Chains of Med Ed History, with Adam Rodman (Recess Rehash)