What’s it like to be in medical school? Since 2010, the students at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine and host Dave Etler have chipped away at that question.
The Short Coat Podcast is about remembering that the social aspects of medicine and medical education, and the people who make our work interesting, are just as important as the science and the test scores. It can be a place for the party line, and a place for the counter-narrative. It’s about whatever you want it to be about. Whether you’re already in med school, or thinking about applying, we’re here to let you in on the secrets, the fun bits, the challenges, and the frustrations. Listen below!
Visit the Short Coat Podcast:
- The Ethics of End-of-Life Care
- They Came, They Saw, They Figured It Out: Tales from First Semester
- “Soft” Skills: The Importance of Learning to Communicate
- Breaking the Silence: Judge Rosemarie Aquilina on the Power of Trauma-Informed Care
- Race Is Everywhere In Medicine–Meet A Student Trying To Change That (Recess Rehash)
- How to Get Involved in Meaningful Med School Research
- PHI RHO: ANOTHER CO-OP HOUSING OPTION
- Medical School Hot Takes, Part 2
- You Should NOT Go to Med School (Recess Rehash)
- Urology = Mac & Cheese, and other Thanksgiving Questions Answered