What’s it like to be in medical school? Since 2010, the students at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine and host Dave Etler have chipped away at that question.
The Short Coat Podcast is about remembering that the social aspects of medicine and medical education, and the people who make our work interesting, are just as important as the science and the test scores. It can be a place for the party line, and a place for the counter-narrative. It’s about whatever you want it to be about. Whether you’re already in med school, or thinking about applying, we’re here to let you in on the secrets, the fun bits, the challenges, and the frustrations. Listen below!
Visit the Short Coat Podcast:
- MD or DO: What is the Difference?
- Recess Rehash: Microaggressions: preparing to experience, witness, and commit them
- Recess Rehash: This Student’s Shame is Changing Our Curriculum
- Vaccine Fever
- Recess Rehash: Liver Bits, Cold Glocks, and Cancer of the Cancer
- AMA: Racism is a Public health Threat. SCP Co-hosts: Gosh, really?
- Recess Rehash: When Doctors Do Harm ft. Danielle Ofri, MD
- Quality over Quantity: Clinical Experiences and Volunteering in COVID Times
- What About Choosing the Cheapest Medical School?
- To Leave or Not To Leave