What’s it like to be in medical school? Since 2010, the students at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine and host Dave Etler have chipped away at that question.
The Short Coat Podcast is about remembering that the social aspects of medicine and medical education, and the people who make our work interesting, are just as important as the science and the test scores. It can be a place for the party line, and a place for the counter-narrative. It’s about whatever you want it to be about. Whether you’re already in med school, or thinking about applying, we’re here to let you in on the secrets, the fun bits, the challenges, and the frustrations. Listen below!
Visit the Short Coat Podcast:
- The Question All Future Applicants should Ask: “What Will Help Me Grow?”
- Overcoming Your Undergrad Apathy Now that You’re Applying to Medical School
- The Coming Physician Exodus: Why Doctors May Leave the Profession Soon (Recess Rehash)
- Recess Rehash: When Life Is Getting In the Way of Med School: the Value of the Tactical Retreat.
- Academic vs. Community MDs: Who Has It Better? Ft. Santa Claus
- Finding Meaningful Research Opportunities
- Med School App Mistakes to Crush Under Your Feet Like Worms (Recess Rehash)
- Recess Rehash: Life Hacks for Med Students
- BEST JOBS FOR A FUTURE MD/PHD STUDENT, and Turkey Day Shenannigans
- Dr. Bruce Campbell, and a Fullness of Uncertain Significance